Wrote 2 books
Both accepted by Publisher, currently deciding on Publishing Options
As Chief of Police in Sturbridge, MA
- Successfully reorganized Police Department to maximize efficiency and performance.
- Named Town’s Emergency Management Director and successfully certified the Town’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan with MEMA, got the Town’s Local Emergency Planning Committee certified – 7th in state.
- In Charge of Public Safety Complex – Police/Fire/EMS.
- Achieved State Accreditation – 5th in State.
- Won National Awards for Community Policing.
- Won 1st in class Massachusetts Law Enforcement Challenge 2005, 2nd in 2004, Honorable Mention from IACP in 2005.
- Won AAA Gold & Silver Medal Award for New England Region 2 years for Traffic Safety Initiatives.
- Developed Critical Incident Response plan with Tantasqua Regional School System for response to Active Shooter.
- Established Student Police Academy (which ultimately was taught as credit bearing class in the High School in Government class), Student Interns, After-Prom Party, Pre-Prom Assembly, Citizens Police Academy, Cops and Kids Parties, Cops and Shops, Alcohol Compliance Checks, Prom Pledge program, RAD (which was offered to students in school as an elective course) among other programs.
- Uncovered several serious misconduct by several members which resulted in the resignation, termination and demotion of many members.
- Developed Assessment Center process for promotions.
In Athol – as Chief
- Developed Citizens Police Academy (7th in State) and Youth Citizens Police Academy (1st in State) – Youth Police Academy ultimately partnered with High School and offered as an Elective course. Sponsored youth dances and parties.
- Conducted Internal Affairs Investigations.
- Reorganized Department for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Won numerous State Legislative citations for Community Policing and Youth Programs.
- Implemented Accreditation Standards in Policies & Procedures.
- During Initial Personnel Assessment review of personnel uncovered serious misconduct that had previously been investigated by other agencies and closed with no action taken. Initiated investigation that resulted in Grand Jury Indictment and convictions.
New York State Police
- Instructor at NYSP Academy which is accredited by SUNY.
- Taught Penal Law, Station Operations, Report Writing, Supervision.
- Developed courses for Recruits, Sergeants and Lieutenants.
- Appointed Written exam appeals panel for promotional exams.
- Over 100 commendations, including several Superintendent’s commendations.
- World University Games Planning Committee (1 of 6).
- Developed speed saturation details that led in Nation/State.